Posted by henhill69 > 2013-08-23 12:32 | Report Abuse

Ruth Cotter Corporate Vice President, Investor Relations Thank you, Elina and welcome everybody this afternoon to our conference call. I am pleased today to be joined by my colleagues Tim and Heather. Here is the next slides you see very briefly an overview of our cautionary statement to cover our remarks today, but what I would really like to talk about is the outline where we will have a brief overview from our CEO Rory Read, and then I'll do a deeper dive into AMDs strategy, product, and financial performance today. And then Tim will give a deeper dive into the crux of the call, which is really an overview of our corporate responsibility, programs, and activity here at AMD, which are very important to us. Corporate responsibility really matters to AMD. It's really at the core of our culture and we perceive it to part of the inherent DNA of the organization. Rory Read, our CEO and President along with the Board of Directors and the Executive Management team are deeply invested and committed to AMD's efforts. Be it in the area of community volunteering and products and customers, supplier responsibility, governance and Ethics, and stakeholder engagement. It's very important to AMD and we believe it's an imperative as well as being a key business differentiator for our company. Before we get into the details of the strategy that we have here at AMD as it pertains to corporate responsibility I'd like to just give a quick preview into the company and then Tim can dovetail his remarks into that. AMD is currently in the midst of a three step transformational program in place. The first and portion of that strategy to reset and restructure is largely completed. Our goal is to reach operating expenses of 450 million down from about 590 million in the first quarter of 2012, so we have made some significant progress over the last many quarters. We reduced headcount by about 14% and we are very focused on managing cash , which I get into further in the call as well as inventory management. At the moment we are currently in phase II which is accelerate and execute to the plan. So its critical that we execute to our 2013. roadmap and deliver on the products that we have brought to market including Temash in the tablet space Kabini and Richland. And later this year we will be shipping a high and desktop product called Kaveri and also deliver our commitments in terms of our semi-custom product portfolio embedded and launched latest generation of graphics capability which we did earlier this year on the GPU side and then obviously our low par server offering as well through see SeaMicro acquisition we did and that is also important. Read more at: http://www.earningsimpact.com/Transcript/83202/AMD/Advanced-Micro-Devices,-Inc----Business-Update-Call/Page/2#sthash.jtPGK6fF.dpuf

Be the first to like this.

0 comment(s).

Post a Comment
Market Buzz