Posted by henhill69 > 2013-08-19 15:17 | Report Abuse

Frank Calderoni Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer: Thanks Mel. It's great to be here and it's also very good to see all of you, great turnout. And welcome to the 24th Cisco Live customer event. And this should be a great experience as i'm sure you've started to appreciate today and over the next day. So I love data. So I'm going to start by just you heard some of these stats this morning. So we have 20,000 people here at the event over these couple of days and that's double from where it was just five years ago. And I think that's very telling. If you think about the number doubling in five years, really just shows the amount of activity that we have going on first of all and I think it also demonstrates the number of customers and partners that we have that are interested in being part of the community and also from the perspective of how much is going on as you heard this morning in John and Pad in the keynote. Secondly we have 1,100 one-on-one sessions over the next, today and tomorrow, that's a big number. We have a 100,000 individual sessions that people have signed up for, there are 700 technical as well as business sessions and we've got 100,000 people signing up to that. So it is about five, so a lot of interest in some of this data and also from the perspective of the number of new attendees, 40% are here as you heard this morning for the first time and again I think that's an attribute to the interest level that we have. And so it is great as Mel said before this is the first time that we have really had a more formalized investor day some of you may have attended in the past more informally so we thought we'd kind of make it a little bit more formal and have programs setup. The key thing that we wanted to do today, brief introduction and really kind of spend some time talking about services and I'll comeback to that. And then we have some breakout sessions tomorrow which we'd ask you to really get involve in understanding our technology, any questions that you may have regarding the technology, this is a chance to ask. We have 700 engineers here at this event so you couldn't get a better group of people to try to answer your questions and also to get a bet appreciation for the strategy. See more at: http://www.earningsimpact.com/Transcript/83084/CSCO/Cisco-Systems,-Inc----Investor-Day/Page/3#sthash.HFgIeGjQ.dpuf

Be the first to like this.

0 comment(s).

Post a Comment
Market Buzz