Posted by henhill69 > 2013-08-19 15:00 | Report Abuse

Eric E. Schmidt Executive Chairman Now at the time, it's hard to imagine this now, but most people thought that search was a done deal when Google started working on the the problem nearly two decades ago Larry and Sergey started it at Standford and it's interesting that we forget that it was a same with Gmail right but email there was nothing new about email. I have never seen that. Who has got a new email it's always email solutions right, launching an email service was not an obvious choice for a search company, especially when we are offering 200 times more storage than the competition. Today we have over 425 million Gmail users globally and the other services are in decline. It shows you that you can enter a market with a big debt when everybody assumes there is nothing interesting going on, and you can do something that just works better and you can change the world. That's the way that Google likes to think about problems. Give another example, when Google brought Android, most people though Andrew Rubin was nuts, literally nuts. They believe that any attempt to align the mobile industry around open source operating system would fail. I mean I remember sitting and thinking, these guys will never let this thing in. And I will answer you look at me going like Oh!yeah, yeah, yeah. We'll see and this assumption was that open source would never work. See more at: http://www.earningsimpact.com/Transcript/83079/GOOG/Google-Inc----Annual-Meeting-of-Stockholders/Page/9#sthash.Au1pFgCO.dpuf

Be the first to like this.

0 comment(s).

Post a Comment
Market Buzz